I have been photographing for more than 15 years and I love nature and animals all my life. So it was natural to combine both of my these passions and become a wildlife and nature photographer. I traveled four continents and a number of biotopes from mountains and northern plains through European woods to tropical rainforests with my camera.
In 2015 I left well-established internet business and started to work as a freelancer. Most of my current activities are related to photography:
- I publish articles here on my blog (I started to write English articles recently) and on Paladix.cz (in Czech only)
- I published two successful e–books about Lightroom and Capture One (in Czech only)
- I publish regular inspirational newsletter Lepší fotky (in Czech only)
- I organize individual workshops
- I also prepared few video courses for internet television KurzyŽivě
- I am co-founder of well accepted photographic contest Czech Nature Photo and I was chairman of the jury of both previous years
Successes and awards
I am very proud that Fujifilm has chosen me among the X-Photograpers – elite world group of ambassadors of Fujifilm X system.
My photos were awarded in following contests:
- series of photos from Svalbard was awarded in prestigious Czech Press Photo contest 2015
- my other photos were presented on Czech Press Photo exhibitions in years 2016 a 2017
- my portrait of the black-naped monarch was awarded as Highly Commended in Wildlife Photo Contest 2017 organized by respected wildlife photographer Will Burrard-Lucas
- the same photo was selected as Highly Honored in 2018 Windland Smith Rice Awards and print will be presented on exhibition in Washington D.C.
The gear I use
I use Fujifilm cameras and lenses exclusively since 2016, and I traveled to many different countries with them. Currently, you could find the following items in my backpack when I travel for photographing wildlife:
- Fujifilm X-T2 – my main body
- Fujifilm X-T20 – my back-up body which I use more and more often. I have a wide-angle lens attached to it typically, so I can use it quickly, which is much comfortable then swapping lenses on one body.
- Fujinon XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 – my main lens for photographing wildlife
- Fujinon XF60mmF2.4 – small and lightweight (215 grams only!) macro lens with 1:2 reproduction ratio
- Fujinon XF16mmF1.4 – a fantastic fast wide-angle lens that I also use for shooting details because I can focus to 15 cm from the subject (reproduction ratio about 1:5)
When I am home, I use two more lenses:
- Fujinon XF23mmF1.4 – an excellent lens equivalent to 35mm on full-frame which is great for reportage, street photography, or contact portraits. I almost do not take it off my camera when I am home, and I use it for photographing kids or family trips.
- Fujinon XF56mmF1.2 – a portrait lens equivalent to 85mm on a full-frame camera. I use it mainly for commercial shooting and occasionally for taking pictures of my kids.